Thursday, March 14, 2013

Getting Organized


One of my goals every year is to be better organized. I am the type of person that has to do lists all over the place. And honestly, if I don't write it down, I don't remember to do it. Even simple things not work related I have to write down. I am that person that could go to the store for milk and come out with everything BUT milk.

I have a lot of ideas of things I want to blog about. And yes, they are written on random lists all over the place. This was NOT working for me. I have lists on my computer desk, lists typed in my phone,lists in my ipad, and lists on my school to do lists. It was a DISASTER to say the least. A couple months ago I knew I needed a way to organize all my blogging things. I tried a few different things, but nothing was working.

Yesterday, on Spring Break, I took a day to NOT do anything for work, and instead I created my very own blogging calendar. This thing is 80 pages of pure organizational cuteness. And I LOVE it. And a big fat thank you to Valerie from Georgia Grown Kinders for helping me add some last minute touches :)

Every month has a calendar page, a "list" page for blogging ideas, a giveaways page (color background and white background), a linky party page, and an expense page.





I plan to use the calendar to list what days I want to post each topic. There is a spot for each day to mark off once the post is actually scheduled as well as a spot to mark off if you share the post via different social media. This will help me to keep track of when I pin or share something on my FB fan page. The giveaway pages are going to be especially helpful because I donate to a lot of giveaways. And then I forget WHAT I donated, when it runs, and to share about it to all my lovely followers! I added the linky party page as a suggestion from Valerie at Georgia Grown Kinders. This page is going to help remind me what linky parties I want to join and whether it is a weekly or monthly. The expense page is to help keep track of things I buy for creating my products (clipart, font licenses, etc). I am not sure I WANT to see those totals, but it is needed.

At the end of the 12 months I have included some other pages as well. There is a page to keep track of your pinterest collaborative boards. I know a lot of boards have many posting guidelines and it is hard for people to remember them. So this chart is a simple form to keep track of what boards you belong to and what the guidelines are. There is a TOUs page as well. If you are like me and have a LOT of different clipart artists you buy from, it may be hard to remember the TOUs. This page will help keep track of the TOUs as well as how to credit the designer. I added a bloggy friends page to use as a quick reference when you want to shout out someone. There is a blank notes page (I printed 20 of these). I plan to use these to keep track of ideas that pop into my head for creations, to do lists, things to add to certain blog posts, etc. The last thing I included is a statistics page to keep track of followers, views, etc.




I know we are halfway through March but I decided to post this on TpT anyways because I am sure there are plenty of other people that need to get themselves organized. Clicking any of these pics will take you to the posting. I am hosting a pin it to win in on my facebook page that will end tonight after dinner. Once I choose the winner, I will put this on sale for $4 for a couple days, and then it will go back to full price of $5 (which still isn't a lot considering the amount of pages in it!) Mine is already printed and bound together!!

*The pages are not blurry like they appear in the pics. The pics had to be enlarged so they turned out blurry, but the pages are clear and crisp.*

2 comments:

  1. I love this organizer! It is the perfect addition to my computer...the Mac and my organizer...well, I'm good to go! Thanks for being so creative with this organizer!!
    Valerie
    www.georgiagrownkinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...